What is rodent exclusion?
Rodent exclusion is the pest control industry’s best-kept secret to keeping rats and mice out. Exclusion involves sealing any cracks in or around your home to limit the chances of rodents getting inside your property. Rodents are infamous for squeezing through the tiniest openings to get indoors—exclusion is the key to stopping them in their tracks! Some of the most effective rodent exclusion steps include:
- Sealing cracks and crevices around your home.
- Installing door sweeps and replacing weather seals
- Installing dryer and stove vent covers
- Placing chimney caps and plumbing caps
How to Exclude Rodents
Exclusion is the key to preventing rodents from getting inside your property in the first place. In addition to professional exclusion services, there are a number of steps you can take every year to ensure your property is protected against rodent infestations. Some of the top ways to exclude rodents are to:
- Thoroughly inspect the foundation of your property to locate any and all cracks, crevices, or other openings.
- Use caulk or sealant to close up gaps.
- Install door sweeps on your garage and other doors.
- Invest in dryer and stove vents, as well as plumbing and chimney caps.
- Replace damaged insulation and deodorize it.
- Seal any entry points into the attic and install mesh wire over openings.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Why is Rodent Prevention Important?
Rodent exclusion is considered an eco-friendly rodent control solution by stopping an infestation before it begins. By preventing these pests in the first place, there will be no need for major extermination or rodent cleanup services. A rodent infestation can be dangerous in several ways, which is why most rodent pest control companies opt for exclusion services to protect your property from rats or mice in the first place. Exclusion services are best done on an annual basis to have protection in place during rodent season in Flushing NY.
Rodent Exclusion in Flushing NY
Rodents are one of the biggest pest problems in our region. For this reason, it’s crucial to team up with your local rodent exterminators for regular rodent exclusion and prevention services. By excluding rodents, you never have to worry about these pests getting inside your home or business again!